If you only have a few new memberships to add, you may find it easier to enter them one at a time.
Before adding memberships, you need to know what data points both national and state require. If you attempt to add a membership without the required data, the system will prompt you to enter the required data. You will find a message at the top of the screen, listing the missing data points.
- National-required data includes first name and last name, address (city, state and ZIP code), high school graduation month and year (students only)
- State required data for student chapters varies by state. View your state’s required data on your chapter profile under Chapter Requirements (students only)
Begin in the roster system under Add Memberships to add a membership for a new member.
- Select Student or Alumni – The default is Student unless you only have Alumni responsibilities
- Verify the current Membership Year is selected– The default is the current Membership year
- Verify your Chapter is selected – Your chapter should be the default unless you manage multiple chapters
- Click the to open the Membership Type drop-down menu
- Select a Membership Type
- Add the member’s Personal Information
- Using proper case, enter the First Name – Required by national
- Using proper case, enter the Last Name – Required by national
- Enter a valid Email – May be required by your state (Students)
- Add the member’s Mailing Address – required by national
- Enter a valid ZIP Code
- Click the Tab key on your keyboard – If the ZIP code is found, the system will populate the City and State fields
- Begin typing a valid Address Line 1 – The system will try to help you find it
- If found, select the correct address from the list of choices
- Begin typing a valid Address Line 2 (if necessary) – The system will try to help you find it
- If found, select the correct APT#, BLDG#, STE#, TRLR#, Lot#, etc. from the list of choices
- Add the member’s Additional Information
- Enter a valid, 4–digit High School Graduation Year – Required by national (Students)
- Click the to open the High School Graduation Month drop-down menu
- Select a High School Graduation Month – Required by national (Students in grade 12)
- Click the to open the Grade drop-down menu
- Select a Grade
- Click the to open the Gender drop-down menu
- Select a Gender – May be required by your state (Students)
- Click the to open the Race/Ethnicity drop-down menu
- Select a Race/Ethnicity – May be required by your state (Students)
- Click Add
Watch for a green success message at the top of the screen.
Repeat for each new member.
After adding your new membership(s), go to Register Added Memberships to review the added memberships. From there, you can complete the process of adding memberships by registering the new memberships.
Additional help: Add new memberships one at a time (PDF)