As chapter leader, you can mark a member as deceased by accessing his or her personal profile.
Prior to January 1997, the life membership policy included a memorial scholarship of $100.00 before November 1993 and $150.00 from November 1993 to December 1996.
This scholarship was to be designated by the life member to be distributed in one of three ways upon his/her death:
- Remain permanently in the National FFA Alumni Trust Fund
- Be given as a Memorial Scholarship to an FFA member in a designated FFA chapter
- Be given in memory as a contribution to be used to support some area of agriculture and/or agricultural education
Upon a life member’s death, notification must be submitted in writing to the National FFA Alumni & Supporters Association along with a copy of the obituary or death certificate. If the life member has a designation form on file, his/her wishes must be honored. If there is no form on file, a letter will be sent to the person/organization providing notification of death requesting a family member to make the designation.
Send questions regarding memorial scholarships to email@example.com.
Use Search and Advanced Search to locate the member.
- Select Student or Alumni – The default is Student unless you only have Alumni responsibilities
- Verify the current Membership Year is selected– The default is the current year
- Verify your Chapter is selected – Your chapter should be the default unless you manage multiple chapters
- In Advanced Search, narrow your search results by one or more of the following:
- Membership Type
- Submission Level Status
- FFA ID
- First Name and Last Name – Entered either partially or completely
- Click Search
Access the member’s profile
With the member located, you can now access the member’s profile.
- Click the member’s FFA ID – A new browser tab will open
- In the Member Roster Data form, click one of the following:
- FFA ID – top right of page
- View Full Profile – located at the bottom
Mark the member as deceased
With the member’s profile open, you can now mark the member as deceased.
- Go to the Account Management section
- Under Deceased Data, click Add
- If available, enter the following:
- Informed By Name – Your name will automatically populate
- Informed By Email
- Informed By Phone
- Enter the Date of Death – Required
- If available, import a copy of the obituary, click Browse or Choose File – Depends on your internet browser
- Select the member’s obituary – Must be a PDF
- Click Open
- Click Add – Watch for a green success message at the top of the screen
- Once finished, close the newly opened browser tabs before returning to the roster system
Additional help: Mark a member as deceased (PDF with screenshots)