If a member has multiple FFA IDs with one or more memberships, the Change FFA ID function allows you to consolidate his or her memberships to a single FFA ID.
An FFA ID is a unique identification number assigned to an individual profile in the National FFA database. An FFA ID can be associated with one or more roles (e.g., student, alumni, teacher/advisor, alumni leader, state staff, national staff, sponsor, etc.) and/or an FFA.org login.
Begin in the roster system under Manage Memberships.
Use Search and Advanced Search to view all current and past memberships for a specific member.
- Select Student or Alumni – The default is Student unless you only have Alumni responsibilities
- Click to clear the Membership Year field – The default is the current year
- Verify your Chapter is selected – Your chapter should be the default unless you manage multiple chapters
- In Advanced Search, enter the member’s First Name and Last Name, either partially or completely
- Click Search
Review your search results and determine which FFA ID to keep and which FFA ID(s) to change. Consider the following:
- Which FFA ID has been used on an FFA application (e.g., scholarship, proficiency, grant, CDE, etc.)?
- Which FFA ID is linked to two or more years of membership?
- Which FFA ID has multiple member types (i.e., student and alumni)?
- Which FFA ID has an associated FFA.org login? (View the Username column by clicking the for Member Details/Invite Code.)
With the preferred FFA ID identified, you can now change the non-preferred FFA ID(s) for a specific year of membership.
- Click the next to the FFA ID you want to change
- Enter the Preferred FFA ID for the member
- Click Change – Watch for a green success message at the top of the screen
- Select Return to go back to Manage Memberships and view the results
If the member has multiple FFA IDs, repeat for each year of membership with a non-preferred FFA ID.
Additional help: Change an FFA ID for a membership (PDF with screenshots)