State leaders should receive an official invoice for membership batches submitted to National FFA. In Manage Batches, you can enter the invoice number and review all associated batches.Things to understand: The official National FFA Organization invoice is sent to and paid by the state FFA association and/or state FFA alumni association. However, there are two exceptions:
- For student chapters, Idaho is currently participating in a pilot program for invoice services. For Idaho chapters, the official National FFA Organization invoice is sent to and paid by the chapter.
- For alumni chapters, the state FFA alumni association can choose to have their chapter leaders pay for membership batches using PayPal. States utilizing PayPal will not receive an official invoice from the National FFA Organization.
Example: If state approves a batch on Monday, November 13, an invoice will be generated on Thursday, November 16. However, if state approves a batch on Wednesday, November 14, an invoice will not be generated until November 30.To reduce the quantity of membership invoices sent to state leaders, we now consolidate multiple batches, for multiple chapters, to one, multi-page invoice. Reminder: Invoices are generated twice a month: on the 16th and the last day of any month.
Example: All membership batches state approved between Wednesday, August 16 and Tuesday, August 28 will be invoiced on Friday, August 31.
Begin in the Roster System in the Manage Batches menu. Use Search to find Nationally Approved membership batch(es).
- Select Student or Alumni – The default is Student unless you only have Alumni roles
- Verify the current Membership Year is selected – The default is the current year
- Click the to open the Submission Level Status drop-down menu
- Select Approved
- Click Search
With the nationally Approved batch(es) identified, you can now view batches with assigned invoice numbers.
When you receive an invoice from National FFA, you can enter the Invoice # in the Search area and view the associated batches.
- In the Search area, enter the Invoice # – Begins with MEM for student membership or ALU for alumni membership
- Click Search
Additional help: View batches associated with official invoice (State Leaders) [PDF]