If you have several new memberships to add, you may find it more efficient to enter them to a blank national roster template and then import them all at once. In the Add Memberships section, you can download the national roster template.
Download the blank roster template in the roster system under Add Memberships.
- Select Student or Alumni – The default is Student unless you only have Alumni responsibilities
- Click the – A Microsoft Excel file will be generated
- Save the file under a name you will recognize and in a location easy to find
The downloaded roster template is blank and will not contain any memberships. This template has built-in drop-down menus with the national-defined format To register imported memberships successfully and efficiently, be sure to provide all national-required and state-required data points on your roster template. If a national or state-required field remains empty in the template, the system will not allow you to register the imported memberships in the Register Added Memberships section until you enter the required data points:
- National-required data includes first name and last name, address (city, state and ZIP code), high school graduation month and year (students only)
- State required data for student chapters varies by state. View your state’s required data on your chapter profile under Chapter Requirements (students only)
- One Year: Grades 7 – 16 are eligible
- Three Year (optional): Grade 13 AND the member graduated during the most recent membership year (Availability is based on your state’s preference and/or your chapter’s affiliation status)
- Four Year (optional): Grades 12 (Availability is based on your state’s preference and/or your chapter’s affiliation status)
- Ag Ed Only (optional): Grades 7 – 16 are eligible (Availability is based on your chapter’s affiliation status)
Additional help: Download the national roster template, add memberships and import (PDF)